To provide the Jacksonville community with the opportunity to hear outstanding Christian speakers.
Up until a couple years ago, the only events Women for Christ offered were a Tuesday luncheon in February at the Prime Osborn Convention Center and a member’s lunch in May. Two years ago, the group felt led to provide an evening event in February to allow busy working women, female students and Moms to attend. The evening location will vary every year in an effort to reach more of the community.
Women for Christ has been serving Jacksonville for 35 years. Its sole purpose is to provide women of the Jacksonville community with the opportunity to hear outstanding Christian speakers. It is not affiliated with any one church. Our board and members represent dozens of churches in our area.
Our organization originated out of a group of four brave and energetic women who had the vision to bring great Christian speakers to a central location for all Jacksonville women to enjoy. The idea caught on and the group was able to pool their resources and bring nationally known speakers to our city. Some past speakers include Jan Karon, Carol Kent, Lisa Harper, Jennifer Rothschild, Liz Curtis Higgs and Pam Tebow.
Women for Christ is proud of its 35 year history in Jacksonville. We look forward to continue to serve present and future generations of women– for Christ.
Statement of Faith:
- There is only one true God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28: 19)
- Jesus Christ is God (John 10:30). He was born of a virgin. (Isaiah 7: 14, Matthew 1:23), lived a sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), died as a substitute for fallen man (II Corinthians 5:21, I Peter 3: 18), arose bodily (Matthew 28: 1-10), ascended to Heaven (Acts 1:9-11) and will return to earth personally in power and great glory. (Revelation 19).
- The Holy Spirit is God (Acts 5:3-4, 1 Corinthians 6: II). He convicts the world of sin (John 16:8-11), regenerates (Titus 3:3-5), indwells (I Corinthians 6:19), and empowers the believer to live a life of personal holiness and walk in obedience to the will of God. (Philippians 2:13).
- All men by nature are sinful and lost, making necessary the new birth. (Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23).
- Salvation is by grace alone, and is offered by God freely to all who will repent of their sins and receive Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord of their life (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- All who are saved (redeemed) will be raised to everlasting life and blessedness in Heaven (John 3:16), and the unsaved will be raised to everlasting punishment in hell. (II Thessalonians 1:8-9).
- All of the above statements are based on the Bible which is the infallible Word of God, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (II Timothy 3: 16-17).